You may have seen reports of a worldwide Ransomware attack currently occurring. This attack is targeting large and small businesses as well as personal email addresses. Anyone receiving a suspicious email is advised not to open any attachment or click any links.
Some signs of suspicious email include:
- You do not recognize the sender or if you know the sender, the message does not look like something they would send
- The subject and or attachment name is vague or confusing
- Spelling or grammar errors
- You are part of many people who have been sent the message
- The message is unexpected or not business related
Earlier this year we discussed Cyber Liability Insurance - for more info, check out our blog: